- This Sunday (August 8th) is Open Day at the Wheeler Centre! Come along and explore the centre (it was the National Gallery and The Planetarium in a past life) and learn about the residencies there. I will be chatting on a panel with some other Australian writers about the process of collaboration and how performance poetry continues to change with the advent of more integrated technologies. There will be videos and other cool things. Check it out! Details here.
- Vibewire has published my short story The End et al along with a couple of my Crappy Doodles. It’s about the time you grew old and died while watching porn. Vibewire has some interesting coverage of the election as well (as does Express Media’s Electioneering).
- Exhibit A (see below) is the pretentiously titled, dumb/dumb/actuality/animation video I made named TITLE. “Fruit Fly vs. Pube” would’ve made more sense. Yes, that is one of my pubic hairs. I removed it with scissors. There was an audition process: I wanted something with a single bend in the middle but nothing too curly. I made the video last year when I was working on MasterChef and living at Dee Why (information which is of no significance to the video). My familarity with the Reality TV Contest Formula* did not influence the design of this audition process. TITLE appears as a bonus feature on the NPWC DVD.
- Good friend and Less Talk Records (Godfather) entrepreneur, Matt Vaughn was interviewed by Unbelievably Bad ZineBlog.
- Seeing as though he believes in it so strongly, Tony Abbott should take his campaign to Hell.
- Exhibit B: the coolest thing since the invention of flavoured milk.
- < This dot point was a thumb-tac in a past life.
- I have a release date for the first installment of my short series of videos, BIRTHDAY HAIR. The videos will star Measgood. The release date looks a little bit like this: August 11.
* Contains nuts**.
**Nuts may contain crack cocaine and gourmet sandwiches.