Shitloads of grind news from Circle of Dead Children, Captain Cleanoff, Kill The Client, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace and loads more
Things happen. It's a scientific fact. Here are a collection of things that have allegedly happened (to be proven or disproven at a future point of time).
- Circle of Dead Children recorded their new full-length Psalm of the Grand Destroyer back in November 2008. Vocals were finally laid down last week; now the recording is to be mastered by Scott Hull, then released by Willowip Records.
- Beyond Terror Beyond Grace are finishing up recording vocals with Tim Carr at Studio 301 next week. Artwork is being worked on by someone called Rainsong, who has worked on designs for Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, Aborted, Strapping Young Lad and The End. Not cheap I'm guessing. Apparently we can expect the album title and perhaps a tracklisting to soon follow.
- Captain Cleanoff have some clips up of their last show in Europe before they return home (in the Swiss Mountains of Death no less).
- 4 Dead have a new album coming up. FUCK YES! They record late October it would seem.
- Frank Rizzo are finally back in action with a new live track and rough demo track up on their MySpace.
- Grindhead Records has re-released One Step Beyond's Life Imitates Art. Killer fucked up Macabre styled death metal meets slap bass and psychedelia. Fucking whack stuff. Download a track.
- Buckshot Facelift finally have copies of their 2nd full length Anchors of the Armless Gods on vinyl.
Grind and/or die.
COCK AND BALL TORTURE featured in Rolling Stone Online!
CIRCLE OF DEAD CHILDREN will enter Mr. Smalls Studio in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania tomorrow to begin recording the follow up to 2005’s Zero Comfort Margin EP. Mixing and mastering will be handled by Scott Hull at Visceral Sound in Bethesda, Maryland.
Psalm of the Grand Destroyer will contain at least 14 new tracks and be released by Willowtip Records in the Spring of 2009.
Rejoice! The split 7"/MCD between Leng T'che and Fuck The Facts is available now through Power It Up Records.
You can order directly through the band firstname.lastname@example.org or through the label's mailorder..
The 7" contains 2 Leng Tch'e and 4 Fuck The Facts songs while the MCD has 4 Leng Tch'e and 6 Fuck The Facts songs.
If CIRCLE OF DEAD CHILDREN isn’t your thing, MySpace Music is going to be offering an exclusive premiere of KANYE WEST’s forthcoming album, 808s & HEARTBREAK.
Beginning on Friday, Nov.21 at 12:01am PT, fans will be able to stream the
album in its entirety for free on MySpace Music. This official premiere comes
days before the album hits stores on November 24.
Fuck posting on here, I listen to Joe Strummer & Death Cab For Cutie now-a-days anyway..
Here's a cool quote I found from the Circle of Dead Children vocalist Joe Horvath; not only are they a fucking amazing grind band - but the singer mirrors my views to an extent. Also, this is a band that has been totally raped by setbacks in the last few years after putting out two amazing albums - so show them some support.
We all tend to hate playing on the stages and to be honest, I lose a ton of emotion up there. It just feels stupid being way above everyone else. We like to play on the floor, right down there with the fans.
I've lost a ton of blood at shows, bitten people, got punched, dry-humped people, sat on people, broke a ton of mics, etc. I think shows shouldn't be such a pretty nice place and feeling.
I remember seeing bands when I was very young and being fucking scared shitless at times that I wasn't going to make it out alive. That's what I like... that's what I would like to see come back. It's good when the crowd has a sense of awareness and knows that they have to stay on their toes. It's not about actually intentionally hurting anybody, but giving off the feeling of being unsure of what is coming next.
People are paying to see you, so I think that you people should leave with some memories. - Joe Horvath (vocalist of Circle of Dead Children)