The grind hit mix of summer, turn those summer blues around with some real party tunes!
At AusGrind's recent annual shareholders conference (read: a messy drunken grindparty for two) the AusGrind board move to initiate a new social welfare initiative aimed at increasing the grindparty of our fellow Australians over this summer period.
It is in this spirit of charity that we are proud to present AusGrind's Hits of the Summer 2011 - a FREE digital compilation featuring 21 tracks of premium grindparty tunes from some of Australia's greatest grindcore, powerviolence and crossover bands - not to mention some awesome underground gems you might not yet know.
AusGrind's Hits of the Summer is great gift for your grind loving mother on Christmas Day. Please burn this mix to a CD, to place in your shitty car stereo, boost the Treble to 11 and let those buff Gaga-loving circle jerks know who's boss.
Featuring 21 'blastering' tracks from the best underground grindcore boybands Australia has to offer, including The Kill (VIC), Ether Rag (NSW), Death-Cult Jock (SA), Captain Cleanoff, NowyourefuckeD (TAS), Michael Crafter (NSW), IDYLLS (QLD), Night Hag (SA), Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt (NSW) and The Reverend Jesse Custer (ACT).
- Ether Rag - Mortal Combat of Light and Shadow
- Captain Cleanoff - Your Fate
- thedowngoing - hurtnone
- Serious Beak - Lähendama
- Death-Cult Jock - War Through Other Means
- IDYLLS - Tooth and Claw
- Michael Crafter - Tea O Ais
- The Kill - Shower of Bricks
- Nice Guys - Van Damnation
- Night Hag - Coolidge, Kansas
- Battle Pope - Heroin Jesus
- Jesus Christ Posse - Thou Shalt Not Spill
- The Reverend Jesse Custer - Outside of Everything
- ARSEHOLOCAUST - Japanese Nuclear Hero Brigade
- Machinoir - Song Written on a Scrap of Paper
- Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt - Breath Left Breathing
- Dyke Destroyer - Smooth Crotchless Operation
- Frank Rizzo - Left at the Door
- McLovin - White Livers
- NowyourefuckeD - Spasticated Milkman
- Michael Jackson's Doctor - Heil Oettinger
The even kicks off at 8pm and is absolutely free. More info over at the Facebook event.
Haven't heard Serious Beak? You can stream the album here. The band features members of Squat Club, Adrift for Days, Slimey Things, Battle Pope, Squid, Ebolie, the Mabobs, Push Air and the Puffy Jackets, Dyke Destroyer and many more.
Press release to follow:
"Huxwhukw" is an eccentric amalgamation of mind-melting, toe-tapping, psychedelic, progressive and poly-rhythmic discordant music, sure to please fans of Meshuggah, Mastodon, Botch, The Mars Volta and King Crimson.
Huxwhukw is the supernatural long-beaked cannibal bird and servant to Baxwbakwalnuksiwe, the Cannibal-at-the-North-end-of-the-world in Kwakwaka'wakw mythology. Huxwhukw uses his long, snapping beak to crack open the skulls of men to eat their brains and pluck out their eyeballs.
All hail Huxwkwux and the Crooked Beak of Heaven.
Sydney noise supergroup Dyke Destroyer want to share something with you:
That track sort of reminds me of Naked City's more insane moments. The group have their debut album The Saga of the Necropants available for free download. You can also like them on Facebook if that your kinda thing.
Battle Pope are your new favourite Sydney pious party band, featuring members of Ebolie, Kill A Celebrity, Adrift for Days, Dyke Destroyer, Serious Beak, Squid (and so on and so forth).
These four sexual tyrannosaurs playing a sensual blend of swing, grind, funk, sludge and punk - citing influences like Captain Cleanoff, Log, Weedeater, Municipal Waste, Little Richard, Slick Rick, Parliament and Blood Duster.
Check them out, and prepare to be judged. They debut at Black Wire Records on February 18th with Lazerface and Michael Crafter.
A bit of an off-beat event is going down tonight at The Lansdowne Hotel. The line-up features;
- A cock rock revivalist band called Jimmy Swouse and the Angry Darts, featuring members of bands like The Bakery, Brian Campeau, Squat Club, Brass Knuckles and the like.
- A obscene experimental 2 piece dubbed THE BZNZZ, featuring members of Ebolie, Brass Knuckles, Squat Club, Gauche, The Colours Tribute Band, Keating! the Musical and Darth Vegas amongst many more.
- A 15 piece noise band loving named Dyke Destroyer, featuring members of most of the aforementioned alongside Slimey Things, Kill A Celebrity, Anklepants, Day of the Meerkat, Cherry 2000 and many more.
You'll be there if you have poor taste in music, enjoy free gigs or have nothing better to do. I know I don't.