Sub-heading: JCP and BP split launch, Counter Attack & Peter Brock Sydney Tour
Over the hills and through the woods, starting from South Australia, booze fueled grinders, Guantanamo Bay City Rollers return to Sydney for at least 3 days of grind. They bring fellow South Australians Peter Brock and Victoria's Counter Attack.
Friday night sees GBCR launch their album 'Dark Side Of The Goon' alongside Statesmen, the V8 power violence band, Peter Brock and Counter Attack, from Victoria. Counter Attack is made up of members from the legendary Mass Appeal, Open Wound, Nihilistic View, Softcocks & probably more bands that should be mentioned. This line up is filled out with some of Sydney's heroes in the form of: Chinese Burns Unit, Epics & Frank Rizzo. Doors open at 7pm. Gonna be a huge night!
Jesus Christ Posse and Battle Pope team up to launch their split 12" LP. Counter Attack sit this one out, or play somewhere else (I've not been told). Ignoring the bands mentioned on the flyer the current night looks like this: Jesus Christ Posse, Battle Pope, Guantanamo Bay City Rollers, Killsong, Peter Brock. The show has been moved from The Lansdowne, due to temporary combustion issues, you can now join in the action at The Roxbury in Glebe. It starts at 7:30pm.
Sunday rounds out the weekend at Blackwire Records, it starts early, doors at 3pm and sees the return of Counter Attack to join the South Australians along with Sydney D-contingent: Dark Horse, Disparo! & Disintegrator.
Sunday...? Alright, I've got the Blackwire Records page, that'll do!
GBCR on facebook http://www.facebook.com/GuantanamoBayCityRollers
Sydney d-beat crust hardcore punx roxers Dark Horse have got their 2011 demo online for free download. It's pretty nice man. Real raging, nice noisy, crust production and solid playing.
The band is full of old mates who have been around for ages. Dark Horse has members of Dischord, Frank Rizzo, None Remain, Rock N' Roll Weapon, Unclean, Vae Victus, Cause and Effect, etc. That's probably why they don't suck.
Then you can like them on Facebook and we can all be e-friends.
The grind hit mix of summer, turn those summer blues around with some real party tunes!
At AusGrind's recent annual shareholders conference (read: a messy drunken grindparty for two) the AusGrind board move to initiate a new social welfare initiative aimed at increasing the grindparty of our fellow Australians over this summer period.
It is in this spirit of charity that we are proud to present AusGrind's Hits of the Summer 2011 - a FREE digital compilation featuring 21 tracks of premium grindparty tunes from some of Australia's greatest grindcore, powerviolence and crossover bands - not to mention some awesome underground gems you might not yet know.
AusGrind's Hits of the Summer is great gift for your grind loving mother on Christmas Day. Please burn this mix to a CD, to place in your shitty car stereo, boost the Treble to 11 and let those buff Gaga-loving circle jerks know who's boss.
Featuring 21 'blastering' tracks from the best underground grindcore boybands Australia has to offer, including The Kill (VIC), Ether Rag (NSW), Death-Cult Jock (SA), Captain Cleanoff, NowyourefuckeD (TAS), Michael Crafter (NSW), IDYLLS (QLD), Night Hag (SA), Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt (NSW) and The Reverend Jesse Custer (ACT).
- Ether Rag - Mortal Combat of Light and Shadow
- Captain Cleanoff - Your Fate
- thedowngoing - hurtnone
- Serious Beak - Lähendama
- Death-Cult Jock - War Through Other Means
- IDYLLS - Tooth and Claw
- Michael Crafter - Tea O Ais
- The Kill - Shower of Bricks
- Nice Guys - Van Damnation
- Night Hag - Coolidge, Kansas
- Battle Pope - Heroin Jesus
- Jesus Christ Posse - Thou Shalt Not Spill
- The Reverend Jesse Custer - Outside of Everything
- ARSEHOLOCAUST - Japanese Nuclear Hero Brigade
- Machinoir - Song Written on a Scrap of Paper
- Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt - Breath Left Breathing
- Dyke Destroyer - Smooth Crotchless Operation
- Frank Rizzo - Left at the Door
- McLovin - White Livers
- NowyourefuckeD - Spasticated Milkman
- Michael Jackson's Doctor - Heil Oettinger
Shitloads of grind news from Circle of Dead Children, Captain Cleanoff, Kill The Client, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace and loads more
Things happen. It's a scientific fact. Here are a collection of things that have allegedly happened (to be proven or disproven at a future point of time).
- Circle of Dead Children recorded their new full-length Psalm of the Grand Destroyer back in November 2008. Vocals were finally laid down last week; now the recording is to be mastered by Scott Hull, then released by Willowip Records.
- Beyond Terror Beyond Grace are finishing up recording vocals with Tim Carr at Studio 301 next week. Artwork is being worked on by someone called Rainsong, who has worked on designs for Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, Aborted, Strapping Young Lad and The End. Not cheap I'm guessing. Apparently we can expect the album title and perhaps a tracklisting to soon follow.
- Captain Cleanoff have some clips up of their last show in Europe before they return home (in the Swiss Mountains of Death no less).
- 4 Dead have a new album coming up. FUCK YES! They record late October it would seem.
- Frank Rizzo are finally back in action with a new live track and rough demo track up on their MySpace.
- Grindhead Records has re-released One Step Beyond's Life Imitates Art. Killer fucked up Macabre styled death metal meets slap bass and psychedelia. Fucking whack stuff. Download a track.
- Buckshot Facelift finally have copies of their 2nd full length Anchors of the Armless Gods on vinyl.
Grind and/or die.
Here's what's going DOWWWNNNNN in Sydney this weekend:
Friday the 13th of March:
- Inappropriate Tough Guy Behaviour (VIC), Nunchukka Superfly, Athol, Hee Ha at Dirty Shirlows
- The Skullfuck Disco, lots of fucked up breakcore, dupstep, drum n' break experimental shit, The Burdekin Dug Out Basement Level, FREE
Saturday the 14th of March:
- Cult of Luna (SWE), Laura at The Manning Bar $50
- Frank Rizzo, Lose Yourself, 6 O'Clock Swill, Skinpin at The Harp Hotel $10
Seems like about it.