The Australian grindcore 4-piece Beyond Terror Beyond Grace have announced a release date of February the 4th, 2010 for their new album "Our Ashes Built Mountains".
No details as to who will be releasing or distribution the album have yet come to light, but they have a pre-order available at their online store (you can secure a copy for $20 AUD, or a CD and T-Shirt combo for $40, and both come with 2 BTBG stickers).
"Our Ashes Built Mountains" was recorded, mixed and mastered by the incredible Tim Carr of Tim Carr-Theta Laboratories and 301 Studios Sydney, and features artwork by Colin Marks (Strapping Young Lad, Whitechapel, Aborted, Suicide Silence). There is also a long list of guest vocalists, including Jason Peppiatt (Psycroptic), Jarrod Krafcyk (ex-The Amenta/The Riot and the Trauma/Anchored Awake), Alex Pope (Ruins), Anna Vo (Crux), Blake Simpson (Gallows for Grace) and Tim Pope (The Amenta).
As you'd expect, two (heavily-compressed MP3 quality, MySpace-raped) cuts of the new album are listenable on their MySpace page. The amount which MySpace has clearly degraded the sound quality in its compression upsets me. As such I'm not going to make any judgements based on two low-quality MySpace sample tracks, so let me just say I am very curious and excited to see what the guys have come up with.
To support the new album, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace will take off on a 6-date national tour alongside New Zealand death metallers Ulcerate. It looks like Portal are also involved in at least the Sydney date, which is fucking awesome. Unforunately it doesnt look like Perth or Hobart are on that list.
The guys had this to say about the album:
"We are beyond happy with the results, and we feel that to say that this CD is an enormous step up musically, in production, lyrically and conceptually from the last album is a bit of an understatement. We have really made an effort to craft a complete album rather than just throwing a bunch of songs together - there are lyrical concepts, samples, ideas and motifs that thematically link throughout the whole CD. We are very much looking forward to getting it out there. More news soon, including labels, and international shows."
Beyond Terror Beyond Grace - Our Ashes Built Mountains Promo Video
Shitloads of grind news from Circle of Dead Children, Captain Cleanoff, Kill The Client, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace and loads more
Things happen. It's a scientific fact. Here are a collection of things that have allegedly happened (to be proven or disproven at a future point of time).
- Circle of Dead Children recorded their new full-length Psalm of the Grand Destroyer back in November 2008. Vocals were finally laid down last week; now the recording is to be mastered by Scott Hull, then released by Willowip Records.
- Beyond Terror Beyond Grace are finishing up recording vocals with Tim Carr at Studio 301 next week. Artwork is being worked on by someone called Rainsong, who has worked on designs for Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, Aborted, Strapping Young Lad and The End. Not cheap I'm guessing. Apparently we can expect the album title and perhaps a tracklisting to soon follow.
- Captain Cleanoff have some clips up of their last show in Europe before they return home (in the Swiss Mountains of Death no less).
- 4 Dead have a new album coming up. FUCK YES! They record late October it would seem.
- Frank Rizzo are finally back in action with a new live track and rough demo track up on their MySpace.
- Grindhead Records has re-released One Step Beyond's Life Imitates Art. Killer fucked up Macabre styled death metal meets slap bass and psychedelia. Fucking whack stuff. Download a track.
- Buckshot Facelift finally have copies of their 2nd full length Anchors of the Armless Gods on vinyl.
Grind and/or die.