Paradise Disintegrates is the extremely promising Grindhead Records debut from Wollongong's New Blood; the latest in a slew of death metal bands harking back to the glory days of extreme music.
Not afraid to put any limitations to their sound, New Blood experiment with all elements of aggression, speed, groove, brutality, melody and dissonance across various extreme metal genres. The most prominent echoes of Paradise Disintegrates are the relentlessness of Cannibal Corpse, the slamming groove of Devourment and the blazing technical blunt trauma attack of Suffocation - though New Blood are sure to keep their eye on modern extreme music developments, incorporating bursts of influence from newer acts like the Aborted, The Faceless and The Red Shore.
New Blood are walking the left hand path path to hone their bloody craft by introducing a flair for musicianship while always consciously keeping themselves firmly tied to brutality and excessive violence as if it were their lifesblood. From the first guttural bellow, brutal blastbeat and frenetic tremolo-picked riff it becomes immediately clear that New Blood are not here to fuck around; they are here to break bones, piece organs and shatter skulls by unleashing the most uncompromisingly brutal aural battering they are physically able. It is that unwavering dedication to constant rehearsal and expansion of their sound and skills - coupled with a consistent stream of globally encompassing hatred and malcontent - that makes New Blood one of the most exciting Australian death metal bands to look out for.
Download: Subconscious Slaughter MP3
- East West Death Grind Fest 5 This Weekend!
- Parents (NZ) announce Melbourne and New Zealand tour
- Grotfest – Upstairs at the Tote
- Blue Mountains Fires
- Long Weekend Options pt 2: Archagathus (Canada)
- Long Weekend Options pt 1: This Is Not Art
- Wretch: Because You’re Worthless.
- Grindcore.com is BACK!
- Deathcage / Unknown to God split 12″ out Now!
- Nancy Vandal – Flogging a Dead Pheonix
- King Parrot’s New Clip ‘Bozo’
- Diploid Release New 7″
- Debacle & Inebrious Bastard NSW Assault 2013
- Mid-Winter Mountains Masonic Hall Gig
- Slaughterfest VI – First International Announced