I'd be hard pressed to think of a recent album more fantastically depressing, crushing and suffocating than Cough's Ritual Abuse. The good news for all of Australia is that Cough are currently on tour as part of 666 Entertainment's Doomsday Festival. Definitely one not to miss!
Sydney-siders can catch Cough this weekend at these two dates:
Doomsday Festival 2011
Saturday 15 October at Sandringham Hotel
- Cough (USA)
- Clagg (VIC)
- Pod People (ACT)
- Looking Glass (ACT)
- Mother Mars
- The Devil Rides Out
- Rituals of the Oak
Doors at 3pm, entry $30.
Facebook event: http://on.fb.me/oJQtJr
Sunday 16 October at Sandringham Hotel
- Cough (USA)
- Boonhorse (ACT) - album launch
- Arrowhead - album launch
- Adrift for Days
Doors at 3pm, entry $20.
Facebook event: http://on.fb.me/oDYaAH
Some excessively-nice doom-related news this morning! After the disappointment that was Church of Misery's cancellation for Doomsday 2011, Cough have been announced as the more-than-adequate replacement.
Cough play some seriously sludged-out doom with psychedelic overtones (listen here). As for me personally? I'm stoked. Nice on 666 Entertainment pals.
Check out more at 666 Entertainment's Facebook page. Go and be stoned.
Full line-ups for the festival below:
- October 14th at The Jubilee Hotel, Brisbane:
- Cough (USA), Clagg, Looking Glass, Summonus and Fear the Setting Sun
- October 15th at The Sando, Sydney:
- Cough (USA), Clagg, Pod People, Summonus, Looking Glass, Daredevil, Mother Mars, The Devil Rides Out and Rituals of the Oak
- October 21st at Enigma Bar, Adelaide:
- Cough (USA), Space Bong, Hydromedua and Mammoth
- October 22nd @ Northcote Social Club, Melbourne:
- Cough (USA), d.USK, Clagg, Looking Glass, Summonus, Hydromedusa, Sons of the Ionian Sea, Mother Mars and Wurms